Saint Basil Academy offers a number of academic scholarships to qualified students. Please indicate on the entrance/scholarship application form if you are interested in the music, art, or alumnae scholarships. Further information about those scholarships will be provided to you.
A number of academic scholarships are offered to qualified students who participate in our Entrance/Scholarship Test. The test will be held at 8 AM on Saturday, October 29, 2016 and Saturday, November 5, 2016. If you are interested in applying, please contact the Admissions Office at 215-885-3771 ext 125.
The Art Scholarship is open to any student gifted with creative abilities in Art. Please request an Art Scholarship Application from the Admissions Office.
The Music Scholarship is open to voice, piano, and instrumental students. Please request a Music Scholarship Application from the Admissions Office.
Academic requirements for the music scholarship include:
- Students who receive an academic scholarship must maintain a yearly 3.5 grade point average at SBA. Fine arts scholarship students must maintain a yearly 3.0 grade point average at SBA.
- Scholarships are awarded for four years (failure to maintain this average may cause student to lose scholarship).
- As an SBA representative, the student’s conduct both in and out of school must be above reproach.
- Student must obey all rules set down in the Student Handbook.
- Student is expected to contribute positively and creatively to Saint Basil Academy.
Business Leadership Organized for Catholic Schools (BLOCS) raises scholarship funds for income-qualified students attending elementary and secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. Each year, as a result of the generosity of our donors, thousands of children receive scholarship support to attend excellent schools.
- BLOCS works within the State of Pennsylvania EITC guidelines and uses an outside scholarship administrator to determine eligibility for scholarship grants.
- To receive additional information about BLOCS, please call Pat Brabson, Director of Special Programs at (215) 885-6952.
Charles E. Ellis Grant
A competitive scholastic scholarship program offered to students who reside in Philadelphia and live in a home where one or both parents are absent. Contact our Admissions Office at (215) 885-3771 ext 125 for an application, or visit the following website for information: www.ellistrust.org.
- Admission to Saint Basil Academy will be based upon school performance in the junior high grades, principal/teacher recommendations, national test scores, and performance on the Saint Basil Academy Entrance/Scholarship Test.
- Scholarship candidates will have an interview as part of the admissions process.