The Saint Basil Academy Athletic Hall of Fame is established to recognize and honor our outstanding athletes, athletic coaches and athletic staff members who have made outstanding performances and achievements in athletics. The award is presented during the Homecoming Festivities every year.
Conditions for induction are:
- The candidate must have graduated from Saint Basil Academy, or have been an athletic coach and/or staff member at Saint Basil Academy.
- A candidate is not eligible for a period of six years following her graduation of Saint Basil Academy.
- The award may be voted posthumously.
- Superior accomplishments as a student athlete at Saint Basil Academy. (All-AACA, All-State, etc.)
- Exemplified characteristics of integrity and sportsmanship during her time at Saint Basil Academy.
- Retirement from the position they held at the school for at least one year.
- Significant contributions made to overall athletic program including longevity, overall record and championships.
As an outstanding athlete at Saint Basil Academy who has later led a responsible life.
Nominations must be submitted in writing utilizing the nomination form (paper or electronic from SBA website).
Nomination committee will meet monthly for review of the nominees and the induction process.
Once nominated, nominees will be active for 3 years. After 3 years those not selected will be placed on an inactive list and are eligible for re-nomination.
All voting will be a majority (50% +1).
Please download the form below and mail to:
Saint Basil Academy, Athletic Hall of Fame
Attn: Samantha Angelone
711 Fox Chase Road
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Nominations must be received by the nomination committee no later than May 31.
Congratulations to our 2016 Hall of Fame Inductees:
Teresa DeVincent Winslow’81
Laura Beth McCreesh’06
Erin Gallagher Obsniuk’08
Gregory Green, Coach
2004 Cross Country Team